Lora Angeline Embudo-Timenia
FACULTY DEV. PROGRAM/REGULAR FACULTY (Resident)
Doing MTh. Studies, Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City, PH
MDiv., Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries,Makati City, PH (2014)
Philippine Registered Nurse, Licensure (2008)
B.S. Nursing, Ateneo de Davao University (2008)
Teaching Areas: Advanced Academic Writing & Pentecostal/Charismatic Studies
God’s calling upon his life seemed almost immediate. After coming to Christ when he was sixteen, he felt a strong desire to study in Bible School. So, entering Luzon Bible College in 1987, he received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the physical evidence of speaking in other tongues and became involved in different outreaches in the rural areas of Pangasinan. After completing his Diploma in Minstry in 1991, he was assigned to pioneer a church in Bulangao, Pangasinan, in where he served as a pioneer pastor for seven consecutive years. While doing a pioneering work, he enrolled at Bethel Bible College and completed his BCM in Biblical Studies in 1994. He enrolled in the Master of Divinity Program of Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City in 1997 and completed the program in 2001. In 2007, he joined the Doctor of Ministry Program of APTS and completed the degree in 2011. Joel served as faculty and Academic Dean at Luzon Bible College. While serving as faculty and administrator of the school, he opened up extension centers in the major cities in Northern Luzon. Joel has taught theological and ministerial courses at three theological schools in Northern Luzon, Philippines; The Luzon Bible College (1999-2008), Asia Bible College (2004-up to Present), Agbiag Theological School. Currently, he is serving as full time instructor of Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City, Philippines and directs the Impact Ministry of the seminary.
Lora is currently researching on the Spirit-Empowered Movements in the Philippines, focusing mainly on the different Signs and Wonders theologies within the Filipino Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements. Her main interest is on producing academic literature for educating next generation Pentecostal ministers in the Philippines, and in the Asia Pacific. She is also interested in Lukan Theology and has written and presented papers on the said topic.
- “Pentecostal Spirituality in the 21st Century” Presented at the Daniel Tappeiner Lectureship, Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries, Makati City, Philippines, 2013.
- “Jesus as the Paradigm of Witness.” Presented at the Daniel Tappeiner Lectureship, Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries, Makati City, Philippines, 2014.
- “A Lukan Paradigm of Witness: Community as Witness: Part I” Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 1 (2017): 7-18.
- “A Lukan Paradigm of Witness: Community as Witness: Part II” Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 1 (2017): 19-35.
- “Women vis-à-vis Prophecy in Luke-Acts: Part I” Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2 (2017): 111-130.
- “Women vis-à-vis Prophecy in Luke-Acts: Part II” Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2 (2017): 131-146.
- “Community as Witness: A Sociology of Conversion Approach.” Presented at the Australia and New Zealand Association of Theological Schools Conference in Adelaide, Australia, 2017.